South Side Sox Podcast 18 is our Liam Hendriks signing, breaking-news podcast, and as usual with such things, Brett Ballantini turned to our White Sox Insider, James Fox, who had a large hand in breaking the story.
Questions tackled during this commercial-free podcast:
- Smarter choice in divining White Sox breaking news: Magic 8-Ball, I Ching sticks, D&D dice, or the @JamesFox917 Twitter account?
- What changed in the Hendriks negotiations between last Monday and this one?
- Buckle in, White Sox fans: The team has spent the most in free agency this offseason and is being cited for their progressive practices. YES I SAID “WHITE SOX”
- How many top-quality seasons do the White Sox need from Hendriks for this entire contract to be “worth it?”
- More philosophically speaking, are closers overvalued?
- Is this the end of the offseason for the South Siders, or are there still bats or arms to be had?
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: