Well, a month after the premiere was not an ideal lag. But Dugout Metrics, which features South Side Sox college ballplayers/metrics mavens Trevor Lines and Luke Smailes breaking down the news of the day, is back, on the heels of the Liam Hendriks signing.
In this Hendriks-plus episode:
- What has made Hendriks so good in 2019-20?
- Why not just keep former White Sox closer Alex Colomé?
- Closer mystique is an actual thing, at least as it applies to Hendriks
- Is closer hype ... overhyped?
- Can Hendriks’ bravado and new pitching coach Ethan Katz persuade manager Tony La Russa to be creative with his closer use, opting for high-leverage vs. mere save opps?
- Tommy La Stella should just call us already, because he’s coming to Chicago
- How will the White Sox fill out their rotation ... and when will they do it?