South Side Sox Podcast 19 takes on Cooperstown and the 2021 Hall of Fame contenders. Brett Ballantini and Chrystal O’Keefe discuss the ins and outs of this year’s election, including the possibility that no candidates reach immortality.
Topics tackled by the duo:
- Exactly how identical are Brett’s and Chrystal’s ballots, anyhow?
- Support for Sammy Sosa
- Separation between the Barry Bonds/Roger Clemens voting contingent from the Curt Schilling/Omar Vizquel voters
- Big Hall vs. Small Hall vs. Medium Hall
- Does Mark Buehrle have a shot (spoiler: With SSS, he seemingly does!)
- The “pure” candidates on the ballot
- Should closers be in the Hall of Fame?
Be sure to read Chrystal’s terrific debut piece for us, over at South Side Hit Pen-Sports Illustrated.
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: