Two games down in the books for the 2021 ALDS, and yes, the White Sox are two games down. That said, it’s Blackout Night! And we wear black and Sox Park not to mourn, but to kick some ass.
Host Brett Ballantini is joined by Jacki Krestel, who tonight will be one of just a few thousand folks in the park also to have witnessed Blackout Game I back in 2008. That good juju alone should make this a 2-1 series.
After an excessive delay, but in a nick of time, this podcast also marks the debut of SSS writer Scott Reichard’s intro music, and if it doesn’t get you fired up for tonight, nothing will.
Here’s some of what Brett and Jacki covered in our preview of Game 3:
- The role luck — BABIP or otherwise — has played in the series so far
- The likelihood of that luck reversing with the series now in Chicago
- Particularly with Dylan Cease announced as Sunday’s starter, the senselessness of leaving Michael Kopech on a cold slab in the bullpen for Games 1 and 2 in Houston
- The ridiculousness of some social media claims, be they degrading the South Siders as a vastly inferior team to Houston, or that “fans” should not be allowed to criticize the White Sox
- You will never guess who convinced Jacki to get to the ballgame tonight — a convert from the North Side!
- Blackout Game memories — and how vastly different this 2021 White Sox team is from the 2008 division champs
Listen on the Megaphone player above, or check out this and the entire family of SSS podcasts on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. You can also watch the podcast at the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.