Funny how at playoff time, wonder twins Luke Smailes and Trevor Lines have come together to activate their powers as Dugout Metrics, once more!
Yes, we’re all together again, for the first time since the trade deadline.
Brett Ballantini asks the questions, some of them dumb:
- Obligatory temperature check on the regular season; even the metrics fellas are plenty pleased
- From a players’ standpoint, what’s the difference between playing a crucial game on the road vs. home?
- Did you read that question above? The gentlemanly Luke let Brett know in the politest way ever how dumb his question was.
- Still, Brett leaned in and doubled down with a question of day games vs. night games
- Asked for the regard in which they held both Dallas Keuchel and Reynaldo López, the pair agreed, in an answer that was actually sort of shocking, given how it could limit the roster
- What is the best-optimized White Sox lineup, and what has Tony La Russa actually been doing right with his batting order this season?
- Ever-debonair Luke even gets his webcam to freeze in handsome fashion
- Will there be a beanball war between old-school managers La Russa and Dusty Baker?
- Predictions for the ALDS — one of us calls it tight, the other two think it will be an easier series than anticipated
Listen on the Megaphone player above, or check out this and the entire family of SSS podcasts on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. You can also watch the podcast at the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.