We’ve come to the Soxivus week that celebrates the worst games of 2021, and we’ve got seven SSS scribes a-swimming through the season to provide insights on the most painful:
- Leading off, Joe Resis talks about an April 13 loss that had it all: weak exit velo heartbreakers, nine innings of Bieber, Manfred Mann runners, and Cleveland
- Handing the mic over the cubicle wall at the Indianapolis Field Office, Chrystal O’Keefe took over to talk about a true injury lowlight of the regular season, when Luis Robert popped a hip on May 2
- Adrian Serrano, after fielding compliments for his fancy Soxivus T-shirt that is available in unlimited quantities, picked a May game that was absolutely indicative of bullpen management meltdowns to come
- Keelin Billue stepped up to talk about the one game that made both the best and worst lists for 2021, involving a Smurfy take on a late-game homer
- Fresh off of a two-minute plank, Jacki Krestel talked about the one loss to the Chicago Cubs all season, and with just a little goading, cussed a blue streak to make it an SSS After Dark™ affair
- Zach Hayes skipped to the playoffs and spoke of the one truly heartbreaking loss of the postseason, the fall-from-ahead loss to Houston in ALDS Game 2
- And Father Soxivus, Tommy Barbee, once again brought home the proceedings with some thoughts on the fightless ALDS Game 4, the very end of which Jacki still has not watched
- In bonus time, we talked the Craig Kimbrel re-up and Carlos Rodón kick-out
- Does Brett Ballantini lose his voice, and does it come back?
- There is more Soxivus to come, wrapping up next week with Soxivus Miracles!
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: