Phoenix is back in the house!
South Side Sox Podcast 26 features Brett Ballantini, talking to writer/photographer Sean Williams about Cactus League play. Sean is one of the few of us in the world to have seen a live baseball game this month, attending this past Sunday’s White Sox loss at Camelback Ranch.
Here’s what we’ve got going for you:
- A sigh of relief over seeing Yoán Moncada in apparent full health, and José Abreu (hopefully) avoiding obvious debilitation from his coronavirus infection
- Fighting for spots in a perhaps already-full White Sox bullpen
- Sean wrote on Zack Collins, and the battle for backup catcher (and how Jonathan Lucroy’s quest for a Cactus League batting title could affect things)
- Shout-out to the White Sox, who have issued SBN/SSS some unprecedented access and given Sean a pass for the photo pit for a few games this spring
- Sean’s challenge in shooting “from the stands” when covering the Arizona Rookie League and Fall League play
- Sean also was at Sunday’s game at Camelback Ranch, and shares his experiences there, and how it may or may not apply to games in Chicago next month. (If you’re looking for a ticket pairing, please take a look at our SSS FanPost.)
- The science behind a gambling outlet issuing a small-sample drinking survey (pegging White Sox fans as “top drinkers”) that briefly set White Sox Twitter aflame
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: