Heh, yeah, so what if it’s been two months since our last episode?
(The plans are for another one out within the week!)
Dugout Metrics, which features South Side Sox college ballplayers/metrics mavens Trevor Lines and Luke Smailes breaking down the news of the day, is back, and as the SSS Top 100 Prospects list enters its final 50, we’re talking prospects, baby!
We set this up as a sort of “draft” of prospects, highlighting some of the differences in ranking between Trevor’s and Luke’s lists. Brett was there to insert jokes and offer his far less valuable opinions on prospect rankings.
- The eternal question: Is youth and upside more important than professional achievement?
- Werefore art thou, Hunter Schryver?
- What role should injury (e.g. Jake Burger) play in how a prospect is ranked?
- Good luck charm challenge: Will Luke’s labor supplying bats to DJ Gladney this offseason outpace Trevor’s major league debut-inducing interview of Zack Burdi last year?
- Is James Beard just sporting a great-looking NFL halfback look, or can he increase his contact to fulfill his fourth round choice promise?
- Will Trevor have lived in all 50 states by Episode 50?
- Luke and his two-win Kohawks throw down the gauntlet and challenge the one-win White Sox to start getting their spring training asses in gear
Listen on the Megaphone player above, or check out this and the entire family of SSS podcasts on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. You can also watch the podcast at the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.