clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Today in White Sox History: March 17

New, 9 comments

The Baseball Palace of the World has its first stones laid

Comiskey Park construction in 1910.

1910

Construction began at 35th & Shields on the stadium that would eventually be called Comiskey Park. The ballpark would be completed by late June and officially open on July 1 with a 2-0 loss to the St. Louis Browns.

Think about that one … a new, steel stadium in a little more than three-and-a-half months!