As the regular season finally starts, SSS duty geezer Leigh Allan and his son and west coast correspondent, Will, naturally delve into predicting what lies ahead, with an explosive device attached to the recording to make sure it self-destructs before they are proven so very, very wrong.
They delve into such questions as:
- Are the brilliant Dylan Cease of Tuesday and the equally brilliant Carlos Rodón of all spring for real?
- Does that mean that, contrary to all earlier expectations and recent history, the Sox will become a team where the pitching makes up for the hitting?
- Is it just blind fan-ness that makes us write off the bad things in spring training as meaningless, yet maintain that the good things are true indicators of what’s to come?
- Can we really trust the backup catchers?
- Did the Sox make the mysterious signing of Jake Lamb out of a sense of tradition, a bold move to continue the decade of horrible designated hitters?
And even more, probably.
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: