We run a full five-pack of SSS writers at you, talking White Sox Opening Day!
Aside from crafty Sun-Times and Vanilla Coke product placements from Chrystal, here’s what went down, as the minutes tick toward opening pitch:
- Is the Central Division’s improvement going to pose a problem for the White Sox?
- Tommy wins the best Opening Day gear battle, with a rocking ~1917 throwback
- The left field dilemma — or will Andrew Vaughn forever destroy the arbitration cases of left fielders by playing passable, even good, left-field defense?
- Yes, Eloy in left is addressed
- Chrystal wins the well-cropped studio background battle — and reveals her key to putting BillyOK to shame when it comes to her devotion to the South Siders
- Bask in the awesomeness of the White Sox bullpen
- Tim Anderson’s mouth — unsung MVP of the White Sox
- “Outfit man” Joe Resis explains his support for Luis Robert for Sox MVP, possibly even without threats from his Las Vegas sources
- Are we out of danger when it comes to playing a full, healthy season as a pandemic still rages more than whimpers?
- Which of our Eastern Time Zoners will make it until game’s end for our postgame podcast? (Answer: ALL OF THEM!)
- Yes, there will be a postgame podcast
- And, of course, predictions for tonight’s game!
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: