A bit of a crushing loss in extras for the White Sox, after a Lucas Giolito-Shane Bieber classic.
Brett Ballantini and North Side Sox Podcast co-host Sam Sherman debuted a postgame show that drilled down a bit into the White Sox loss, and took a short look around the league as well.
- Yes, that Roberto Perez GWRBI in the 10th had an expected batting average of .040.
- Over/under on Yasmani Grandal’s catcher’s interference calls this season? Tonight’s in the 10th was a .110 WPA play in favor of Cleveland.
- The White Sox “offense” (three hits, no runs) broke the Win Probability Added box score
- The Cubs had six hits in a comeback win tonight ... call the authorities
- Oakland es en fuego
- Top commenter in tonight’s gamethread: AnoHito, with 27 comments at recording time
- obnoxious american with the top-rec’d comment tonight. Yes, I read it
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, and watch the podcast play out on video at that online hit factory, South Side Hit Pen’s YouTube channel.