Well, it was already a successful game, based on the bats coming out like they did in the first inning after getting shut out on Tuesday. But things got better; did you hear, Carlos Rodón threw a no-hitter!
Brett Ballantini, Joe Resis and Chrystal O’Keefe abandoned the “let’s talk about the night in baseball” format due to the celebration of specialness that was Rodón’s no-hitter (and near perfecto).
- Do we blame Roberto Pérez for the cheesy HBP that ruined the perfect game in the ninth?
- Only four big xBA hits from Cleveland — and three of them came in the last third of the game
- Unsung MVP of the game? No, not Zack Collins, but Andrew Vaughn, for not turning anything routine into a hit or a controversial error
- Better game score, Lucas’s 2020 no-hitter or Carlos tonight?
- How hard did we cringe when Mercedes came barreling out of the dugout after the final out?
- Top commenters tonight, led once again by AnoHito:
- Most-rec’d comment, from Gutteridge70 after the Yermín homer:
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, and watch the podcast play out on video at that online hit factory, South Side Hit Pen’s YouTube channel.