It’s another paisan podcast, and who doesn’t love those?
New South Side Sox writer Hannah LaMotta is our regular Sunday recapper, spot feature writer, and soon-to-be AL Central roundup writer, so sit tight, a lotta LaMotta heading your way. As part of our new writer podcast weekend, Brett got a chance for the first time to catch up with her and talk some White Sox!
Highlights of our talk together:
- Hannah’s first favorite season, and the random players she still can count among her favorites
- The strange pull of Gordon Beckham — and how much of it is that walk-up song
- Who among us hasn’t teared up watching the Paul Konerko farewell video on the bus on our way to school?
- We figure out who “must have” inspired Hannah into sports journalism with his stellar beat work covering the 2011 White Sox
- Are the White Sox on the verge of a breakout?
- Early 2021 MVPs: Luis Robert and Michael Kopech
- Early Cold Cats: Garrett Crochet and Andrew Vaughn
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or wherever you consume your podcasts. Or, you can watch the podcast on the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.