On the heels of a rough, 3-4 trip for the White Sox, South Side Sox girded its collective loins and brightened its collective spirit to band together for a DELIGHTFUL pregame podcast in anticipation of Thursday’s home opener.
So much covered, in so little time:
- Tommy Barbee manages to crash the podcast early enough for a spectacularly profane rant from Colleen Sullivan. NSFW, but worth the price of admission
- Is the defense beyond saving? Trevor Lines doesn’t think so
- Tony La Russa was a problem for the White Sox months ago, and lingers as a problem, like a bad smell
- Chrystal O’Keefe will not be making Opening Day churros, but will be cheering the hell outta Yermín Mercedes
- Story time: Who among us has taken a fly ball off of our heads, a la Luis Robert, in our careers? Again, Joe Resis’ confession truly is worth the price of admission
- Trevor sees a dominant pitching staff, based on this first week — perhaps superior to the offense
- Tommy wonders why anyone should apply a “learning curve” to a Hall of Fame manager
- Should Tony be booed on Opening Day? Chrystal will be booing from her couch, and doing so in Seussian style
- Our personal Opening Day traditions, or lack thereof
- Wind Colleen up, and watch her crap on the Royals!
- A huge week on South Side Sox, which is a product not just of the outrageous amount of content we’re producing but of you, the readers and listeners who make up our community. So, thank you for being here for us
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: