The second edition of SSS on the Farm features Weekly Update writer Darren Black, reviewing the first six games of the season for each affiliate. He and Brett Ballantini run through most of the players Darren highlighted in his piece, including all of the MVPs of the week.
Here are some of the highlights of the affiliate tour:
- The two of us travel through the southeast, in both the SSS on the Farm-mobile, and also using the SSS on the Farm parasail, lack of Vox Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance be damned
- They may be using the old MLB balls in Birmingham, by way of explaining the Barons early slugging
- Gavin Sheets is selling out for power, to early success; will a resulting poorer K/BB rate hurt his shot at the majors?
- Darren has an idea about some early and unexpected position changes (Romy González, Bryan Ramos): It’s the White Sox’s new “just stick some players anywhere” theory
- The K&K Boys in Birmingham, and the J&J Boys in Winston-Salem, are lighting it up
- Brett has a super-cool fact about Yolbert Sánchez nobody cares about, because, you know, nobody cares about your pretend baseball team
- Eventually we will hear and read law school grad and MiLB slacker Julie Brady on the podcast and site, but meanwhile Darren and Brett have to carry the mail — and did Darren say she shot video like a law student? Minor League Update throwdown!
- Hey, you might have heard Brett is high on José Rodríguez. He maybe mentions that again in this podcast
- Yes, Brett remembered to plug in his microphone
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: