Luis Robert is out for the foreseeable future, and naturally some of the South Side Sox crew got together to pour one out, commiserate, lash out, and speculate on what form of signed jersey-and-batting gloves tribute will be hanging in the visitor’s dugout come Tuesday night in Cincinnati.
Highlights of our talk together:
- Just how big a chunk of the preseason starting lineup and starting outfield is already lost in 2021?
- Is this somehow Adam Eaton’s doing?
- The utter lack of outfield depth does not suit a division title favorite
- Whither Melky Cabrera?
- Listen as Joe Resis blows smoke up our collective podcast asses with some positive talk about the rotation
- And to that end, does the starting rotation’s success and presumed sturdiness belie any worries over having two-thirds-plus of the starting outfield currently sidelined?
- Would Rick Hahn ever repeat a challenge trade with the Cubs — say, to acquire Kris Bryant — after winning the Quintana-Jiménez-Cease trade so decisively?
- There has never been this much gallows humor in a South Side Sox podcast
- Likewise, this is a record number of heads-in-hands for an SSS podcast, so you may want to watch over on YouTube.
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: