So, once again we’re putting together an emergency podcast to address a potential season-ending injury for a White Sox starter. This time, it’s Nick Madrigal, who on Thursday was placed on the 60-day injured list. In the aftermath of yet another extended injury loss, Chrystal O’Keefe, Joe Resis, Trevor Lines and Brett Ballantini gathered to discuss the injury, and possible replacements.
- It seems clear Trevor was unable to successfully scalp his seat to this podcast, despite it being one of the final Hippie Brett podcasts before next week’s cut
- Initial reactions to seeing the injury on Wednesday, and feelings about the prognosis announced on Thursday
- Joe Resis, Madrigal superfan, vs. Trevor Lines, Madrigal doubter
- What is up with the sniper fire coming out of the stands to fell all of our players running to first base? And can we perhaps get a bullpen cart that can help guys off of the field when they, say, have torn their hamstrings?
- How this season’s dead ball couldn’t touch Madrigal
- Are the White Sox suddenly injury-prone, or is the rash of South Side injuries just a symptom of a larger, league-wise issue?
- Chrystal, who should already be employed by the White Sox as bottle opener, good-luck charm and animated cadaver, offers her services as yoga coach in response to all the soft tissue issues
- Everybody, downward dog during the break!
- Trevor is worried that Luis Robert will come back to the White Sox with a Domino’s baby
- Sorry, Domino’s!
- Is Madrigal injury-prone? Brett makes Joe worried, now
- Trevor has some wild solutions for the second-base opening, and he teased this morning’s article last night
- Trevor’s trade target: Adam Frazier
- The podcast crew winds up by time-traveling ahead to predict a White Sox win on Thursday before first pitch even happened — as far as you know
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or wherever you consume your podcasts. Or, you can watch the podcast on the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.