In part of our Meet the Players podcast series, so to speak, Brett Ballantini welcomes new addition Dick Reillo to the staff in this podcast.
In addition to the colorful stories that mark Dick’s route to White Sox fandom, we catch up on where the first-place White Sox currently stand and look going forward.
There’s a lot of good stuff, so dig in!
- Dick’s LiveJournal roots with White Sox coverage, connecting him with another SSS writer, Janice Scurio, who hooked him up with — ALDS Game 1 tickets in 2005!
- So, why was our new staff member half-dressed at the moment the White Sox won the World Series?
- The completely logical explanation of why one of Dick’s brothers is ... a Cubs fan
- Hey, are those signed baseballs from the souvenir stand ... not authentic? Someone give Dick a heads-up
- Call him a lucky charm, but you’ll never guess what Dick saw in his first game back at Sox Park — sadly though, it wasn’t the pitcher he wanted to see
- There is another sport rivaling Dick’s baseball fandom, not one Brett is very familiar with, and the connection that sport has to the steady trend of superhero movies
- The reaction in-park to the HBP that ruined Carlos Rodón’s perfect game
- Is the AL Central title being handed to the White Sox?
- The rotation is strong, but the depth is not. How terrifying is that?
- Is Rick Hahn up to making the necessary trade deadline deal to fortify the club for a true playoff run?
- (And, no, that means more than just hoping to get Eloy Jiménez and Luis Robert back this season)
- Dick’s pick for the trade acquisition at the deadline? Oof, it’s rough — and hopefully, will not come true
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: