Back from his brief IL stint, Darren Black hops on with Brett Ballantini to take a quick look at the lower reaches of the system, and then to discuss the White Sox prospects most likely to be included in a 2021 deadline deal.
The options aren’t too inspiring:
- With Micker Adolfo certain to leave the organization after the season (he’d need to be on the active roster to be retained), is he out the door — and for what return?
- Is there any combination of players who could be used to acquire an oft-mentioned MLB impact player like Adam Frazier?
- A brief moment of acknowledgement heralding the current team with the most first-round draft choices on the active roster (yep, that’s the White Sox)
- Subpar performances or injury (Jared Kelley, Matthew Thompson, Benyamin Bailey, Blake Rutherford) guts any chance of a blockbuster
- Is cap-less Darren more, or less, insightful than capped Black? And how will a Kannapolis cap impact the Cannon Ballers record?
- Take the Arizona Complex League results with the biggest grain of salt you can find
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: