Delayed by Tropical Storm Elsa but not to be denied, it’s a first visit with a mainstay of our White Sox coverage, Mitch Ransdell! Feel free to peruse Mitch’s Meet the Players or take a peek at his lone extant piece of art from his time with us at South Side Hit Pen at Sports Illustrated. And, as if you need to, here’s an index of all Mitch’s White Sox Player of the Week art and writing series.
But we talked about a lot of great stuff, including:
- Mitch’s origins as a fan — and a possibly amazing coincidence of he and Brett celebrating a title on the same bridge 16 years ago!
- Field of Dreams appeal
- Getting started with White Sox art
- The terrifying dive into art — with Sharpies!
- Dig it! Mitch’s first sportswriting has come right here, right now, with the Player of the Week series
- How the contagious confidence of a winning White Sox team infects each youngster summoned from Charlotte
- Is there any legit MLB talent to tap in the reservoir of players left in Charlotte, or have we reached EMERGENCY TRADE ACQUISITION time?
- The White Sox player Mitch has most enjoyed drawing so far this year — and who he hopes to be sketching in the second half
- And finally, some extended admiration for what Liam Hendriks has brought to the club, and clubhouse
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: