Darren Black and Brett Ballantini are back with the Farm podcast, talking over recent injuries depleting the system, as well as three bright spots, all at the same position — and no, for once, it’s not designated hitter!
- The serious lat injury to Jonathan Stiever reduces the starting depth in the system to essentially zero
- If the White Sox had to have just a few standout players in the system this season, thank goodness those standouts are middle infielders like Romy González, Yolbert Sánchez and José Rodríguez
- A little bit of Yoelqui Céspedes chatter, who has his eye, like Romy, on Chicago in 2022
- The Arizona Complex League team has a lousy record and not much pitching, but the bats are alive there
- Darren offers his picks for September call-ups this season (just two this year). One recovers from a mysteriously lingering injury, the other represents the last upper-level arm left in the system
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or wherever you consume your podcasts. Or, you can watch the podcast on the South Side Hit Pen YouTube channel.