Happy Di Billick Day!
Here we go, it’s another new stellar addition to the South Side Sox family, quadruple-threat Di Billick. You can get to know Di better with her Meet the Players, and by listening to this here podcast. She’s also working the recap for today’s game, and has a first feature up, lip-reading today’s starter, Lance Lynn.
We covered a lot here over an hour, in a really fun conversation:
- How booking a Chicago Cubs commercial could have broken up a marriage
- Can you find a better guy than Mark Buehrle?
- Absconding with souvenirs from Comiskey Park during its final season
- Both Brett and Di elect elotes as their go-to White Sox food; Elotes Devotees, if you will
- The bubble-gum L tradition that celebrates yearly tragedy at Wrigley Field
- Why has Di joined up with South Side Sox? Natch, because she can no longer sing about pee to a sold-out crowd every Saturday night
- Di’s love-to-hate relationship with Field of Dreams centers solely on one factor: Kevin Costner
- Actor Di Billick: “Actors are a dime a dozen ... what is the skill, pretending?”
- You’ll never guess who young Di high-fived at Midway Airport after the World Series win
- Cubbie stink: real or imagined?
- Ethan Katz: hero
- The early moment, like, a year early, when Di predicted the 2005 White Sox World Series win ... and so, what was her prediction for 2021?
- It’s not novel that Di didn’t want Tony La Russa as White Sox manager ... but who she’d like to see in the White Sox dugout next, oh yes, that’s pretty novel!
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: