It’s a fabulous day for us at South Side Sox, as we get to introduce one of our two most recent additions to the staff, the delightful Jacki Krestel. (Well, OK, delightful now, but you didn’t want to dig in against her when she was staring you down in the batter’s box years ago.) She hops on with Brett Ballantini to talk about her playing career, route to White Sox fandom, and the 2021 club.
- Somewhat unbelievably, recent research indicates that Jacki faced fellow SSS writer of recap renown and Know Your Enemy fame, Colleen Sullivan. The two played on high school rival clubs. We don’t know the outcome of their matchup ... yet
- We trace Jacki’s fandom, which is also detailed at her Meet the Players survey, also up on site this morning
- What was louder: Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS, or the 2008 Blackout Game?
- Both Jacki and Brett still have their blackout towels. Brett is on active kitchen duty, to this day
- Jacki was confident the 2021 White Sox would be good, but what has surprised her most about this season?
- Jacki’s dad, who encouraged her and her sisters into ballplaying careers, had a pretty clever mantra for the importance of pitching, and it certainly applies to this 2021 White Sox team
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: