Darren Black and Brett Ballantini are back with the Farm podcast, talking over the September call-ups, catching depth, and the utter lack of starting pitchers in the system.
Sound fun? Have a listen:
- Another take on the incredible Romy González, stressing the significant jump he took and the challenge of his defensive positioning
- That said, if Tim Anderson doesn’t get hurt, does Romy get the call-up?
- Darren says that the loss of Luis González wasn’t so bad, even if the White Sox ended up DFAing Jake Lamb a month later
- Has Seby moved ahead of Zack Collins on the permanent catching depth chart? Darren has a specific tell that indicates the answer on the White Sox end is yes
- Taylor Varnell retired, and we bid farewell, and note that there isn’t really a starter of significance as you move down the entire system ... until Norge Vera in the DSL
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: