Hey, it’s one of them fun Meet the Players podcasts, during which you’ll get the inside scoop on Kristina Airdo’s White Sox fandom. But we’d be remiss if not discussing a breakneck week of labor talks, signifying oh so very little.
And who better to discuss those little goings-on than with our de facto labor writer, Kristina herself?
- Born into one of those “Cubs families” that, if you’re lucky, you assumed was just an urban legend, Kristina escaped that sorry fate. Thanks, grandpa, and thanks, uncle!
- The delicious dilemma of getting out of school early ... to see a White Sox game
- Most memorable games, for both Kristina and Brett: World Series Game 1, and one of the Blackout Games
- Sure, Brett hasn’t seen Kristina’s favorite baseball movie, and pays dearly for it
- An overview of where labor talks stand, now just a couple of days from officially scrapping the March 31 Opening Day
- Can we provide any insight as to the utter lack of urgency shown by ownership in these offseason talks?
- When will we see first games? At the moment, the hope is May 1, the stark reality is late June, and the utter pipe-dream, please-play-on-my-birthday wish is March 4
- Is the notion that labor discord “kills the game” a bit overwrought?
- Follow Kristina’s White Sox observations on Twitter @Liddle_Ktina, and if you’re lucky, you may catch her on a weather nerd day
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: