In our biggest podcast yet — we are going to have to rent a dedicated room in which to fit all of the microphones and beverages — the SSS crew previews Opening Day. Have a listen before the ballgame in Detroit, will ya?
- The most pleasing aspects of the new season, from Eloy Jiménez remaining alive in left field to Lucas Giolito reclaiming ace status to a legit catching tag-team a la 2020
- OK, sure, some worrisome trends, including the improved AL Central, a tattered rotation, an the offseason that didn’t address it, and, well, specifically, Dallas Keuchel
- Do any of us harbor some secret high hopes/distinct lack of worry regarding Keuchel?
- Biggest surprises heading into the season, including a massive payroll that still didn’t really manage to address crucial club needs, and Michael Kopech’s (lack of) readiness for the coming season
- Is there a reliable starter beyond Giolito-Dylan Cease-Lance Lynn (on return)-Kopech? The crew offers a lot of options, but without much conviction
- A rundown of coverage for the coming season, featuring key contributions from most of the podcast’s guests today
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: