The White Sox completed a 5-2 West Coast road trip — and lost a half-game on division-leading Cleveland. Brett Ballantini and SSS writes Jordan Hass, Dante Jones, Allie Wesel, Joe Resis, Melissa Sage-Bollenbach and Adrian Serrano got together postgame to discuss whether it’s too little, too late — and much else:
- Now seven games behind in the wild card race, that ship has definitively sailed. However, the White Sox had a strong run and still couldn’t get any closer, ultimately, to the Guardians (thanks, Twins)
- The dynamics of Miguel Cairo vs. Tony La Russa, and the ramifications of any La Russa return this season; we know at the very least, Jordan is writing no more Tony stories
- Have the White Sox already found their next manager ... again, without a managerial search (no, not Cairo; but Gordon Beckham may know!)
- We could know as soon as Thursday whether the White Sox are actually “3 1⁄2 ” games behind Cleveland right now ... but almost certainly, they are due to the tiebreaker
- A breakdown of the remaining schedule, and whether or not there is enough weak wiggle room in the White Sox schedule to overtake the Guardians
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or wherever you consume your podcasts. Or, you can watch the podcast on the South Side Sox YouTube channel.