While we had several SSS staff members at Saturday’s one-hitter by Dylan Cease, only Allie Wesel was available to break down the experience postgame. Of course, she was the only one of our group to be celebrating a birthday at the ballpark on Saturday as well, so it’s fitting we get her insights on a very special game:
- Allie brings us right to the moment Luis Arráez slapped that base hit, keeping Dylan from the ranks of the immortals — for now
- Which SSS writer — texting from elsewhere in the park — gave Allie the early heads-up (perhaps WAY early) that something special was in the works?
- Brett predicts Dylan’s next start will go 12 innings, given his relatively newfound efficiency, pushing him from great pitcher to one of baseball’s elite
- Dilemma: On one hand, the need to use the restroom; on the other, history playing out in front of your eyes
- In just a mere few days, have the White Sox fortunes turned from outside-looking-in to division favorite?
- Is Sunday’s finale with Minny a must-win?
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player:
or follow along with every episode at Apple Podcasts or Spotify, and watch the podcast play out on video at that online hit factory that is the South Side Sox YouTube channel.