While we had several SSS staff members at Saturday’s one-hitter by Dylan Cease, only Allie Wesel was available to break down the experience postgame. Of course, she was the only one of our group to be celebrating a birthday at the ballpark on Saturday as well, so it’s fitting we get her insights on a very special game:
- Allie brings us right to the moment Luis Arráez slapped that base hit, keeping Dylan from the ranks of the immortals — for now
- Which SSS writer — texting from elsewhere in the park — gave Allie the early heads-up (perhaps WAY early) that something special was in the works?
- Brett predicts Dylan’s next start will go 12 innings, given his relatively newfound efficiency, pushing him from great pitcher to one of baseball’s elite
- Dilemma: On one hand, the need to use the restroom; on the other, history playing out in front of your eyes
- In just a mere few days, have the White Sox fortunes turned from outside-looking-in to division favorite?
- Is Sunday’s finale with Minny a must-win?
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: