It’s the most fun any of Adrian Serrano, Dante Jones or Brett Ballantini can remember having during Spring Training, so it fits that we again converge for a postgame podcast, discussing Japan’s 3-2 win in the WBC title game over the U.S.
- Quick notes on an amazing ballgame, not quite befitting the Japan-Mexico semifinal, but a terrific finale nonetheless
- And yes, that includes Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout playing in a game that meant something!
- Continuing this podcast’s discussion of the logistics of what time of year the WBC should be played — and how making this an October tournament could really work well
- Where does the WBC go from here ... has 2023’s stellar play and breakout stardoms truly turned the tournament into a “world series?”
- A detailed discussion of where MLB, and even the WBC itself is missing opportunities to grow the sport, particularly in African countries ripe for a baseball explosion
- Will this loss motivate the United States to bulk up the pitching staff for a next go-around, in three years?
- Will Yoán Moncada’s placement on the All-WBC team propel him to great things right away in 2023?
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: