Our latest “livestream” (to @SouthSideSox on Twitter, Sox Populi on YouTube and South Side Sox on Facebook and, natch, here on the “home page”) featured a review of the 2023 draft and look ahead to the second half of the regular season. Adrian Serrano and Dante Jones joined Brett Ballantini to talk about the best and worst picks and trends of the draft, and what in the world the White Sox are going to do while wheezing through the last 70 games of the regular season.
- The familiar theme of not having nearly enough starting arms to attack a 162-game regular season — and how that, sadly, was not addressed in an otherwise inspiring draft
- Melissa Sage-Bollenbach checks in and demands some cussing on the program, after she had to witness Friday night’s debacle in Atlanta in person
- The front office finally finished reading Moneyball! And the shocking change in tone, with picks who can get on base and don’t whiff
- Excitement over local prep George Wolkow — and whether his closest draft-steal comp, Jared Kelley, provides hope or horror in the seasons to come
- Addressing the Chris Sale-Yoán Moncada-Michael Kopech trade, which breaks back full circle into a philosophical look at how to approach a rotation in the 21st Century
- Cameos from B.B. the Cat!
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: