Before I make the trip to watch my National League team host my American League team, I talked to Tim Ryder of The Apple and Simply Amazin’ about the lukewarm Mets. There isn’t a whole lot to be impressed with, and these teams seem to be eerily similar. Between bullpen woes, injuries, and leaving runners in scoring position, watching the Mets feels like looking in the mirror. Will this be the matchup that helps the White Sox get hot, or are they destined to stay mired in mediocrity?
- Everyone is way behind Atlanta in the National League East
- The Mets are 18 1⁄2 games back with just a .462 winning percentage, so what’s going on in Queens?
- What’s the common denominator with Edwin Díaz, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, and Pete Alonso? Their time away with injuries has really impacted the team
- Alonso’s terrible pitcher in the Home Run Derby
- Will the Mets get hot, or will the season end in September?
- Who is untouchable for the trading deadline?
- The lore behind Mrs. Met’s cheating allegations
- Series matchup, without knowing who gets the start each day
- Fears, threats, and the keys to win the series
- Around the league with Tim’s thoughts
- An Andrew McCutchen, Joey Votto, Jake Burger, and Luis Robert Jr. love-fest.
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: