Since we're just starting August, let's look back at the notable perfomances from the last month, for better or for worse.
- Micah Johnson, who hit .378/.427/.613 over 28 games in July before going on the disabled list with a strained hamstring.
- Erik Johnson did not allow an earned run over 15 innings (1 hits, six walks, 11 strikeouts).
- Matt Davidson hit .181/.282/.295 during his 28 games.
- Junior Guerra has allowed an 8.31 ERA and a 2.19 WHIP in five games since the All-Star break.
- Tim Anderson set a new monthly highs in walks (6) and OBP (.342) and committed only four errors over 26 games.
- Frankie Montas: 25 IP, 18 H, 9 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 28 K over five July starts.
Courtney Hawkins went on the DL with plantar fasciitis.
- Tyler Danish walked more batters (14) than he struck out (13) over 29⅓ innings.
- Eddy Alvarez hit .357/.486/.454 with eight walks to two strikeouts over his first nine games at High-A, and has taken it up a notch in August.
- Brian Clark (ninth-rounder last year) took advantage of some tandem work: 25⅓ IP, 19 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 HR, 8 BB, 18 K
- Cleuluis Rondon had his third straight rough month (.182/.261/.208 over 77 AB).
- Carson Fulmer is a bust (4 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 HR, 1 BB, 6 K). The Dash actually pitched well as a team.
- Luis Martinez started to figure it out (29⅔ IP, 18 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 HR, 7 BB, 20 K).
- Spencer Adams posted a 1.54 ERA and walked only one batter over 23⅓ innings while striking out 17 (including one start for the Dash)
- Yelmison Peralta allowed baserunners in all sorts of ways -- 38 hits, 11 walks, and six HBPs over 26 innings (with just 10 strikeouts).
- Brett Austin hit .149/.260/.239 over 20 games)
Sunday's box scores will appear below shortly.