Yoan Moncada has struggled since returning from his thumb injury, hitting .143/.304/.254 in his first 18 games back entering Wednesday night. Rick Hahn didn’t sound terribly concerned:
“It took a little bit,” Hahn said. “He was a little rusty when he got back. He’s fortunately pain-free, and we think with some padding issues with the batting glove, we’ve been able to resolve that from recurring. Although he initially was a little bit rusty, he has gotten back to form now in the last few days.”
Moncada’s game against Louisville on Wednesday night might be what he needed. He went 2-for-5 with a double, two walks, and was robbed of another hit. Now he has to find a second consecutive good game, because previous breakouts became blips in short order:
May 27: 2-for-4, 2B, 3B
Next four games: 1-for-15.
June 2: 2-for-5
Next three games: 0-for-13
June 6: 3-for-4, 2B
Next six games: 1-for-19
- Yoan Moncada went 2-for-5 with a double and two walks.
- Jacob May was 0-for-4 with a walk, two strikeouts and a stolen base.
- Nicky Delmonico was 0-for-3 with four walks (two intentional) and a stolen base.
- Rymer Liriano went 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
- The Knights had 10 hits, but they had 13 walks.
- Eddy Alvarez went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Jake Peter, 1-for-3 with a walk, strikeout and stolen base.
- Nick Basto went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Alfredo Gonzalez, 1-for-4 with a homer.
- Spencer Adams: 6.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 1 WP
- Luis Alexander Basabe and Zack Collins each were 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Courtney Hawkins went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Johan Cruz went 2-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Joel Booker went 0-for-3 with a sac bunt.
- Jameson Fisher, 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Micker Adolfo singled and struck out twice.
- Jimmy Lambert: 6.1 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 1 WP
- Joel Booker went 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Jameson Fisher, 2-for-4 with a double.
- Micker Adolfo was 1-for-3 with a double and an HBP.
- Brayant Nova went 0-for-4 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Luis Mieses was 1-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- Harvin Mendoza, 0-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Josue Guerrero went 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Anderson Comas went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
- Anthony Coronado walked twice and struck out twice.
- Ulises Martinez went 2-for-3 with an HBP.
- Brayan Herrera: 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 1 WP