With an ugly outing against Gwinnett on Wednesday, Carson Fulmer’s struggles have now consumed more than half his season.
- First six starts: 5-1, 2.72 ERA, 39.2 IP, 35 H, 5 HR, 12 BB, 33 K, .697 OPS
- Last seven starts: 1-3, 7.59 ERA, 32 IP, 36 H, 6 HR, 23 BB, 16 K, .923 OPS
Fulmer has only allowed one homer over his last five starts; that particular number has blown up due to one bad four-homer night, which ironically is the only time he’s gone six innings during this stretch.
After running No. 1a with Reynaldo Lopez over the first five weeks of the season, he’s now dropped behind Lucas Giolito, who has the ability to show flashes of dominance even during rough outings. Take Game 2 in Wednesday’s doubleheader -- he hit a wall in the fifth after a couple of soft singles started a rally, but he built himself a cushion by striking out seven over the first four innings.
Gwinnett 6, Charlotte 0 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Yoan Moncada was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Jacob May, 0-for4- with a strikeout.
- Nicky Delmonico was 2-for-4 with a K.
- Danny Hayes, 1-for-3 with a K.
- Rymer Liriano was 0-for-2 with an HBP and strikeout.
- Carson Fulmer: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 3 K, 50 of 95 pitches for strikes.
Charlotte 4, Gwinnett 3 (Game 2, 9 innings)
- Yoan Moncada was 1-for-3 with two walks and a stolen base.
- Jacob May, 2-for-5 with a stolen base and strikeout.
- Nicky Delmonico was 1-for-3 with two walks and a K.
- Danny Hayes, 1-for-2 with a double, two walks and a CS.
- Rymer Liriano was 0-for-3 with a strikeout and a sac bunt.
- Lucas Giolito: 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 50 of 79 pitches for strikes.
Great Falls 8, Helena 7
- Luis Curbelo was 0-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- Luis Gonzalez, 1-for-4 with a walk.
- Felix Mercedes went 1-for-2 with a double, walk and two HBPs.
- Franklin Reyes went 2-for-5 with a double and a strikeout.
- Carlos Perez was 2-for-3 with a walk and a sac bunt.
- Clifton Park’s Justin Yurchak was 0-for-3 with two walks.
- Tip of the cap to Anthony Villa: 3-for-4, two homers, a walk and a strikeout.