Since the feed for the Dominican Summer League’s White Sox affiliate was interrupted in the eighth inning, we couldn’t review the lines from the opener in Saturday’s recap with any kind of certainty.
Now that the box score is complete, let’s jump back to register the results:
DSL White Sox 5, DSL Padres 4
- Santo Vasquez went 1-for-4.
- Luis Mieses was 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Harvin Mendoza was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Josue Guerrero went 1-for-3 with double, walk, strikeout and stolen base.
- Anthony Coronado, 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Anderson Comas went 2-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Ulises Martinez, 0-for-2 with a strikeout.
- Jendersson Caraballo: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 HBP
Luis Robert didn’t play, but he is indeed in the Dominican. We’ll review him and the rest of the roster now that the data is verified.
OK, as for Sunday’s action...
Buffalo 10, Charlotte 5
- Yoan Moncada went 0-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- Jacob May, 1-for-4.
- Nicky Delmonico was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Danny Hayes was 0-for-2 with a walk, sac fly and strikeout.
- Rymer Liriano, 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Jake Petricka’s second rehab outing: 2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Zack Burdi: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 WP
Carolina 8, Winston-Salem 7
- Zack Collins was 1-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Luis Alexander Basabe was 1-for4- with a walk and two strikeouts, and was picked off/caught stealing.
- Trey Michalczewski, 2-for-5 with a triple.
- Johan Cruz wore the collar with a silver sombrero.