There’s something very minor league about a championship being decided by a standard minor-league doubleheader arrangement of two seven-inning games. But even after Saturday’s contest was postponed by wet grounds, they still didn’t plan on playing past Sunday.
The Great Falls Voyagers had to win both of them in order to win the Pioneer League, but they could only get the first. They won Game 1 (which was Game 2) 15-3, while dropping Game 2 (which was really Game 3) by an 8-3 margin.
This wraps up the daily version of the White Sox Minor League Update for 2017. Thanks for following.
Great Falls 15, Ogden 3 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Craig Dedelow doubled, walked and struck out thrie.
- Justin Yurchak doubled, walked twice and struck out once.
- Lincoln Henzman: 3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
Ogden 8, Great Falls 3 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Craig Dedelow went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Justin Yurchak was 0-for-2 with a walk.
- Will Kincanon: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 1 HBP