In the South Side Sox debut of the Killer B’s podcast, White Sox writers Tommy Barbee and Keelin Billue discuss the big news: the hiring of Tony La Russa as the 41st White Sox Manager (or 40th, if you don’t count the first time he was the manager of the White Sox).
Join the Killer B’s to listen as we ask and discuss some of the following questions:
- How will Tony La Russa fit in with the White Sox team and fandom? Is age nothin’ but a number?
- Will we see a shift in how and how much the White Sox use analytics from the original Man at Work?
- How will this change the White Sox offseason and prospects?
- Will the White Sox spend money this year?
Listen and follow up with your thoughts, or what you’d like to know more about in episode 2.
And, in the category of “in case you (somehow) missed it”:
- Our mid-October look at Fictional managers better suited for the White Sox job than Tony La Russa
- Today’s breaking story that centered around a White Sox press release, complete with supplemental support quotes, as well as a very curious email gaffe that makes it appear that A.J. Hinch was the actual choice for manager
- SBN national and Chicago local Ricky O’Donnell’s take on the entire, misbegotten hire
- The unwritten Rick Hahn resignation letter.
We’ll have more coverage of the hire, as South Side Sox struggles to figure out what in the world is going on with the White Sox front office and the direction of the team going forward.