Despite a masculine rhetoric and presence in the MLB, 45% of women in the United States consider themselves “casual” or “avid” MLB fans. Despite this statistic, there is dearth of representation in baseball media by women. Join Chrystal O’Keefe, Colleen Sullivan, and Keelin Billue for the first of many relaxed and casual conversations about how and why baseball is for everyone.
While this podcast explores the experience of women in baseball, it was also entirely unscripted and takes some interesting twists.
Join us for what can only be described as an immersive experience, sprinkled with baseball including topics such as:
- What Angry Man Yells at You on the Internet? The crew compares notes on what fan base yells at them the most and what baseball topics created e-rage.
- Sometimes Athletes Are Attractive: Are grunting women tennis players a fetish? How may straight men would give it up for Kopech?
- Getting Buried at Guaranteed Rate Field: We all know you can get married at Guaranteed Rate field, but why have they offered burial packages yet? Join marketing geniuses/funeral planners to plan Chrystal O’Keefe’s after life plans and where Part 1 and Part 2 will go.
- So Your Significant Other Isn’t Big Sports Fan: There is a cultural narrative that women care less about sports, but what is it like when your reality is flipped? The crew discusses dating people who are not sports fans.
- Colleen Could Win a Cy Young on the Reds: You read it here first.
- Is Adam Engel a Clone? He has been recovering, and we’ve seen video of him, but is it really him? Can we clone more of him to put in the outfield? The crew covers the ups and downs of Adam Engel over the past three years.
- Are There Actually Rules for How Long a Suspension Is? It really doesn’t seem like it, and we are confused.
- Baseball Jail: Who wants to go on a tour?
- Thanks for Listening, Dick!: We know that @SavesTuesday is probably the only person who will make it to the end of this podcast. Take our trash as a sign of gratitude.
- MORE: To be honest, this was all over the place. Will this happen again? Hopefully. Enjoy the ride for now.
Listen below, on our built-in Megaphone player: